Lavender is one of the most versatile, recognized and loved essential oils.
Registered with Health Canada as a Natural Health Product.
There are about 30 different species of lavender grown and harvested in countries all over the globe. Historically, the lavender plant has been used for 2,500 years and was even found in the tombs of the Egyptians. Research also shows that the Romans and Greeks used lavender as perfume and to clean their clothing. Today, lavender is a common ingredient in many perfumes, soaps, fresheners, and beauty products.
• Relaxing/calming properties
• Balancing properties that calm the mind and body
• Calming aroma to help clear and clarify the mind
• Cleanses and soothes minor skin irritations
• Soothing to the skin after a day in the sun
• Reduces the appearance of blemishes
• Cleansing to the skin and hair
• Enhances the appearance of a youthful complexion
• Supports aging skin
Lavender essential oil is stored in glandular-like "pockets" in the flowering tops of the Lavandula angustifolia plant. To get the essential oil, we collect the lavender plant material and use steam distillation to extract the essential oil from the flower.
Young Living has three farms where lavender is grown and harvested, Utah, Idaho, and France. This oil is a key component in more than 40 Young Living products.